Friday, July 22, 2016

bellápierre Cosmetics Gel Lip Liner Review + Swatch

Hi lovelies! As promised, today's post is all about bellápierre's gel lip liner in shade number 3 cinnamon.  It has been hot and humid here in Toronto the last few days and I couldn't think of a better time to put this liner to the test!


According to bellápierre's website, this gel liner is waterproof, long wearing and hypoallergenic.  It is formulated with pure minerals,  natural waxes and antioxidants. It comes in 4 shades and is meant to be worn either alone or under mineral lipstick.

In the spirit of honesty,  as much as I love this shade, I have had nothing but issues with this lip pencil.  When I went to use it this morning it broke.  Not a little,  the whole tip.  So frustrating.  After sharpening it (not an easy task) I went to swatch it for you all.  Broke again.  More than a little irritated I go to sharpen it again.  Then I notice that the end of the pencil is missing...now incredibly frustrated I search the floor.  Can't find it.  I decide to look in the cap (which I put on the end of the pencil prior to sharpening) and find it stuck in there.  Surely enough,  it's lodged and won't come out.  Grr....

Anyways,  this time the pencil held a small point and I was able to swatch it.  It is a beautiful plum brown and is quite creamy yet waxy enough to hold its shape and apply evenly. It applies smoothly and doesn't transfer much.  It is definitely waterproof and even a little soap proof.  As far as wear goes,  it dries quickly and is somewhat hydrating. Once set it is smudge proof and long wearing.  It lasted most of the day through heat, humidity and lots of ice water.  I wore it for a solid 5 hours before it started to wear off,  which may have had something to do with the fact that I ate.


I see a lot of potential in this pencil and it's a shame that mine is broken.  I haven't used any other liners from bellápierre so I'm not sure if this is a common complaint or my pencil is just broken.

Have you tried any cosmetics from bellápierre?  I'd love to hear your thoughts below!

No comments:

Post a Comment