Friday, July 29, 2016

My All-time Favourite Foundation | Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup Swatches + Review


This post is seriously overdue! I've been using DW for almost a year now and I have nothing but positive things to say about it!  I have tried other foundations since purchasing DW for the first time back in September but I always return to Lauder.

I was initially matched at Sephora to the shade 1N2 Ecru and although it worked well for me,  I have since switched over to the warm range.  I love the fact that there are three ranges (cool, neutral and warm) and within that there are intensity levels. This allows for greater flexibility in finding your perfect shade.

As far as coverage goes,  it's literally photoshop in a bottle!  It can conceal blemishes,  scars and any other imperfections you want to hide.  I have succesfully covered minor acne scarring as well as redness on my cheeks with this stuff.  Seriously,  say bye to your concealer because you won't be needing it anymore! It doesn't take a lot of layering to build coverage either.  In fact, less is more!

To get a flawless finish I recommend applying it to a well cleansed and moisturized face.  As with any foundation, a solid skincare regime will make for easier application,  blending and reduce the likelihood of it clinging to dry patches.

Secondly,  use a good quality foundation brush to apply it.  If you want flawless,  full coverage you definitely want to use a brush. If you want less coverage (medium) than use a beauty blender.  Another important thing to note is that it sets quickly so you need to move fast when blending otherwise you will have an uneven finish.

If you're like me and don't/can't be bothered to touch up your makeup all day you will appreciate the fact that this is long wearing. And by long wearing I mean it's not coming off until you choose to take it off.  I have gotten 15hrs of wear with this foundation and it still looks as good at the end of the day as it did in the morning.  Heat, humidity and water are no match for this stuff.  Seriously,  you can steam your face and it won't budge (although I wouldn't recommend it.)

Although primer and powder aren't necessary,  I do recommend using a touch of blush or bronzer to avoid looking 'flat'.

I've swatched some of the light to medium shades for you to check out!  The top arm is swatched indoors (artificial light),  middle is in natural light and bottom is in direct sunlight. These are heavy, unblended swatches and the shades from left to right are : 3W1, 2W2, 2W1, 1W2, 1W1 and 1N2.


And here's a photo of me wearing 2W1 which is my perfect summer shade.  I know I don't look the happiest here but I'm not miserable,  I promise.  Just a little over heated ;)

Have you tried DW?  If so,  what do you think?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment