Wednesday, January 4, 2017

The Most Expensive Face Cream I've Ever Used! Fresh's Creme Ancienne ~ Review

As someone with combination skin that leans towards oily most of the time, it came as a surprise when my skin started to dry out.  Blame it on winter or just another skin phase, I needed to revamp my skincare routine in order to address these changes.


I decided to open up my jar of Fresh's Creme Ancienne that I was so kindly gifted. The following is a description of the cream as found on Sephora's website





The history behind Creme Ancienne is quite interesting so I thought I'd share another excerpt about it as found on the Sephora website



This cream retails for $170 (1oz) or $350 (3.5oz) making it the most expensive cream I've ever used. But the question is; is it worth the cost?


As you can see in the photos the cream has ripples of what I gather to be wax or oil and it's very fluid. The cream on the other hand is quite thick. It feels very rich and it looks luxe in appearance.



Due to the thickness and density of the cream, the use of a spatula is necessary. Unfortunately, Fresh doesn't include one. When I tried to apply it straight from the jar, I found it very difficult to spread. I've since discovered that it's best to allow it to warm up in my hands a bit before application.


When applied it feels heavy, and I mean heavy. Not only does it feel heavy but it looks very oily. Sadly, that feeling does not disappear. I've used creams that apply similarly but eventually they absorb into my skin. Fresh's Creme Ancienne does not, at least not in a reasonable time frame. After 3 or 4 hours it becomes less greasy, but I don't feel hydrated. I feel oily. Like I smeared coconut oil on my face.


Aside from looking like I've been working the deep fryer at a fast food restaurant, my face still feels dry. Really dry. Likely because the cream is sitting on my skin opposed to sinking in and nourishing it.

See that shine? That's what my face looks like after applying this cream

The icing on the cake? I've been breaking out like crazy since using this cream. I'm no stranger to breakouts, but this is bad. Prior to using this cream I'd typically get a small pimple or two during my cycle. After using Fresh's Creme Ancienne for just 3 weeks, I've had more blocked pores, pimples and cystic pimples than I've had in months.

Verdict? Not worth the money. I'm not sure what skin type would benefit from this cream, but it's certainly not mine. I will be finishing this off as a hand cream because I really like the jar and want to keep it on my vanity.


Have you tried Fresh's Creme Ancienne? Did it work for you? What's the most you've ever spent on a facial cream? I'd love to hear your thoughts below 👇

No comments:

Post a Comment