Sunday, May 21, 2017

Summery Treats ~ Lypsyl's Newest Lip Balms and Bodycology's Creamy Vanilla Line

We had a taste of summer last week and it got me thinking of all things summer. Sweet treats, lighter fragrances and of course, the beautiful weather! In honour of summer I'm sharing some sweet treats for your lips and body. All of these products are available at your local Walmart stores and are very much affordable. High-five!


Lypsyl has released three new scents/flavours of Yummy Sticks Lip Balm (4.4g, $1.49) and they scream summer to me. There's Sweet Mint & Basil, Sea Salt & Caramel and Passion Fruit & Chocolate. My favourite of the three is the Sweet Mint & Basil. I love the tingle you get from mint lip balms and this one delivers! Unfortunately these lip balms didn't really have much flavour to them, though they do smell good. They are very hydrating and feel amazing on my lips which at the end of the day is the most important factor to me anyhow. If you're looking for a fun, affordable, paraben-free and vegan lip balm, these are pretty darn good!


Bodycology is a brand that's new to me so I was pretty excited to try their new Creamy Vanilla Line (various weights, $6.97). Upon opening these bottles I was instantly in love! The vanilla scent is so delicious, it reminds me of cake and ice cream. So good! The Moisturizing Body Wash lathers well and leaves a very light fragrance of vanilla on the skin. The Moisturizing Body Cream is very rich and quite thick - a little goes a long way with this stuff. I find it is a bit heavy feeling at first but it does absorb into the skin and doesn't feel so heavy after a few minutes. When initially sprayed the Fragrance Mist smells rather strongly of alcohol, likely because it's the first ingredient. Luckily the alcohol evaporates quickly and whats left is the sweet and subtle scent of vanilla and light florals. When layered with the body wash and lotion, you'll be smelling amazing all day. Another bonus is that they're cruelty-free!

Have you seen any of these products in your local Walmart? Would you try them? Let's talk in the comment section below 👇

No comments:

Post a Comment