Monday, June 5, 2017

Have You Been To Shoppers Drug Mart Lately?

Hey beauties! Today I'm sharing some new additions to Shoppers Drug Mart that you don't want to miss out on. From skincare to sun care to sweet treats; these are some seriously awesome products you should check out the next time you pop into Shoppers Drug Mart!


Hair Care

Round brushes are one of my haircare must-haves. Although my hair is straight, there's always that one piece of hair that wants to rebel and stick out. Stylize Lightweight Hair Brushes ($16.99) ensure that my hair falls straight and curves into my chin, just the way I like it. The round barrel allows you to control the way your hair falls (outward, inward or straight) and it adds volume into your hair. These brushes get bonus points for being lightweight and super cute; just check out that handle!


Stylize Ponytailers ($8.99) are available in so many fun colours and styles. These cord-shaped hair ties not only look unique but serve a seriously amazing purpose! Designed with summer swimming in mind, these ponytailers won't absorb water and can be easily removed from wet hair. They stretch to accommodate different lengths and thicknesses of hair, and they don't get stuck in curly hair. I tested them on my oldest daughter who has very long ringlets and they were a breeze to put in and remove. They also look pretty neat worn around your wrist!

Sun Bum 3 In 1 Leave In Hair Treatment ($19.99) protects, detangles and conditions hair all while enhancing it's natural body. It also helps to control frizz, repair split ends and slow down colour fading. Like all Sun Bum products, it smells like a tropical paradise! It's also lightweight and doesn't weigh my fine hair down. You need this in your life, trust me!


Sun Care

Sun care is so important! Not only does sunscreen help to prevent sunburns and skin cancer, it prevents premature aging as well. Life Brand's Sport Sunscreen Spray SPF 30 ($11.49) offers broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection and is water and sweat resistant for 80 minutes. It doesn't feel oily like a lot of aerosol sunscreens do and it has a light, pleasant scent. Just don't forget to reapply it after swimming!


Our lips need to be protected from the sun too and I can't think of a better lip balm for sun protection than Sun Bum Sunscreen Lip Balm SPF 30 in Coconut ($5.99). First of all this lip balm smells ahhmazing! It smells like the tropics and it tastes fantastic (I couldn't help myself - I had to). It feels very smooth and the hydrating effect is long lasting. If you're going to buy only one lip balm this summer, it's got to be this one!

Makeup

Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Pillow Plump Lip Gloss in Pinkwell ($24.99) is seriously good. It comes housed in a squeezable tube and has a sweet smell to it that reminds me of chocolate. It applies and feels like a gloss until...bzzz..hello plumped up lips! It gives a very noticeable buzzing/tingling sensation that I love and it leaves my lips looking fuller. Major love!


Quo Matte Liquid Liner ($12) eyeliners add the perfect pop of colour to your eye looks. I have the shade Denim and it's the most gorgeous blue. The felt tip applicator is thin and very easy to use. It applies opaque and dries down matte. If you want to experiment with bold colours this summer, these eyeliners are a great place to start!

Quo Brow Sculpting Pencil & Powder ($14) is a dual ended brow product that has a pencil on one end and powder on the other. It's available in three shades (blonde, taupe and brunette) and there's a definite learning curve when it comes to using the pencil end. The pencil is a triangular shape that is somewhat similar to Benefits Goof Proof pencil. The idea is that you can use the pointed end to draw in hairs and the wider base to fill your brows.  The powder on the end is dispersed by a sponge tip and applies lightly which I like. I personally find the brunette shade to be a bit too cool and dark for me though (It's closer to black than it is brown).

Skincare

Yes To Cotton Comforting Facial Wipes (25 for $9.99) are made with recycled cotton and are very gentle on sensitive/allergy prone skin. They have a mild scent and feel refreshing on my face. Although they did a decent job at removing my facial makeup, they were no match against my long wearing and waterproof eye products. These are best at removing light makeup and/or refreshing after a workout.


Masque Bar Sleeping Facial Mask ($19.99) is designed to work it's magic overnight. First of all, this mask smells heavenly! The lavender scent is super relaxing and combined with a gentle facial massage, will have you ready for sleep in no time! It does feel slightly sticky like a lot of sleep packs/masks do, however, it won't leave you stuck to your pillow. When I wake up my face feels smooth and hydrated.

Sweet Treats

No trip to Shoppers Drug Mart is complete without a sweet treat! PC Maple Fudge ($5.99) is a tasty way to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday; and let me tell you, it's just as good as it sounds! Rich, buttery and full of maple flavour. The only problem is sticking to the recommended serving size. I literally polished these off in a day πŸ™ˆ




What are your summer essentials? Will you be picking any of these products? Let's chat in the comment section below πŸ‘‡

4 comments:

  1. I love Shoppers! I always see something new that I want! And the PC products are always so very tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I rarely leave SDM with only the products I intended to buy πŸ˜‚

      Delete
  2. Fudge and eyeliner, perfect combination for this kid! I will definitely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The perfect combination πŸ‘Œ let me know if you pick up any of these items. I'd love to hear your thoughts on them!

      Delete