Friday, August 19, 2016

Getting #FastAndFresh with COVERGIRL Clean Matte BB Cream | Review + Swatches


Welcome back loves! Today I'm talking COVERGIRL's Clean Matte BB Cream. Typically I shy away from BB creams because I find they don't work well with my combo skin but when I heard that this BB cream was made for oilier skin types I couldn't resist trying it!

COVERGIRL's Clean Matte BB Cream is touted as an oil-free formula that won't clog pores, will even skin tone, hide blemishes and keep you shine-free all day.  It comes in 6 shades ranging from pale to deep and they seem to be neutral in tone.  I have been using shade 530* (light medium) and I find it suits me well if I don't keep up with my self tanning (which I haven't been doing).

When I first swatched this on my arm I was a bit concerned.  It looked pink and oxidized quite rapidly.  I find this to be typical of drugstore foundations and one of the many reasons I avoid them...

Unblended swatches
Top is fresh (wet) and bottom is dry (5 minutes)
However when I applied it to my face it seemed to work out ok.  It blended in almost seamlessly and matched my neck pretty good.  It did oxidize slightly darker (more so when wearing sunscreen) but luckily I didn't turn orange.


I have applied it with a brush as well as with my fingers and I have to say that I prefer to use my hands for this one.  It blends in better and looks more natural. I find it does a decent job of hiding old acne scars and redness, but does nothing to cover active blemishes.  It dries to a matte finish and stays that way for at least 4 hours, which is pretty good for a BB cream.

As far as BB creams go, this one was better than a lot of others I've used in the past. It lasted longer, didn't slide off of my face mid-afternoon and it dries to a matte finish.

Have you tried CG Clean Matte BB Cream? Did it work for you?

*Product was sent to me for free courtesy of the brand via BzzAgent.  As always, all opinions are my own!




No comments:

Post a Comment