Monday, October 3, 2016

Shiseido's Rouge Rouge Line | Review + Swatches

Can you believe it's October already? I for one am excited for warm days, cool nights and all things pumpkin! As the temperature drops and the leaves change colour, so does our makeup. Eye looks get deeper and lipsticks gets bolder.

One of the biggest trends this fall is a red statement lip which I wrote about here. Anyone who knows me knows that red lips are my thing so obviously I'm beyond excited for this trend! Red lipstick is my neutral lip colour and I've always been a firm believer that everyone can rock a red lip.  Shiseido shares my opinion and has released a gorgeous new line of lipsticks aptly named Rouge Rouge. This collection created by Dick Page (Artistic Director for Shiseido's makeup) boasts an impressive range of red based lipsticks for all skin tones. With 16 shades to choose from, there truly is a red for everyone!

RD504 Rouge Rum Punch
The formula combines optimal pigments (basic red and blending red) and light technologies (vivid, strong and diffused red) that work differently to offer vividness, intense colour and prevent dullness. They're also infused with S Hyaluronic Acid Complex and S Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing  DE EX for rich moisture and smoothness. They also claim to be fade resistant and long wearing.


I have the shade RD504 Rouge Rum Punch* and it is such a perfect red for fall! It has a berry feel to it and it's not too light nor too dark. It has a shiny, almost glossy finish and it indeed feels very hydrating. I've gotten a solid 4 hours out of it before it needed a touch up (no primer or liner). I've worn it when my lips have been dry and it didn't feather as much as I was expecting it too. It's definitely a good idea to exfoliate and moisturize before application though because the shine will accentuate any dry patches on your lips.


The packaging is great too. It's in a very sleek looking bullet that has magnets to keep it closed tightly. Aside from being extremely practical, the click it makes when shut is incredibly satisfying.

There really is a lot to love when it comes to these lipsticks and I plan on picking up a few more. If you would like to try a red but aren't very comfortable this line is a great place to start!

You can find these lipsticks at the Hudson's Bay, Sephora and https://www.shiseido.ca/

Are you a fan of red lipstick? Let me know your thoughts below 💕

*I received this lipstick in a gift bag courtesy of Dave Lackie. As always, my opinions are my own!


1 comment: