Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream Skin Protectant ~ Review

With Winter in full swing, it's important to prep and protect our skin from the harsh elements. Freezing temperatures outdoors and dry, artificial heat indoors are not ideal for our skin.

Today I'm going to share with you one of my not-so-secret weapons, Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream Skin Protectant. This miracle cream is a cult classic for a reason; it works!


Here's a brief description and history of the infamous 8 hour cream as found on the Elizabeth Arden website.


The Legend
Created in 1930 by Elizabeth Arden to soothe skin, Eight Hour® Cream Skin Protectant became an instant and overwhelming success. What made it so effective is a combination of petrolatum, a skin-soothing beta-hydroxy in one of its first cosmetic uses, and vitamin E. The apricot coloured balm was so beneficial to her clients, Miss Arden used it to soothe her famous thoroughbred horses' legs. Even its name came about thanks to a remarkable performance - a loyal client used it to treat her child's skinned knee and "eight hours later" the skin was all better."

Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Skin Protectant helps to protect skin from the elements, seal in moisture and promote healthy skin. It can be used from head to toe and applied as often as needed.


The cream is rather thick and can be a bit difficult to spread at times. It has an apricot hue to it and it smells almost medicinal. I personally don't mind the scent, but the good news is that it's also available in a fragrance free formula for those who are scent sensitive.


I use it in the winter months to soothe dry skin and to treat my chapped hands. I apply a thick coat before bedtime and allow it to work it's magic.

Its hard to see in the photo below, but my hands are dry, flaky and scaley looking. Yikes! After applying the cream the flakiness disappears and my skin feels much more hydrated. Although my skin looks quite red in the after photo, I can assure you that my hands feel soothed and nowhere near as angry as they look.


I use this cream not only on myself but on my children as well. My daughter recently suffered a minor bout of eczema on her face and nothing seemed to help. I applied Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream before bedtime and the next morning it was less red and irritated. After two nights of applying the cream it cleared up completely.

If you're looking to treat severely dehydrated skin or to prevent your skin from drying out, I highly recommend you give Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream a try!

You can find this cream both in store and online at The Hudson's Bay for $29

Have you used 8 Hour Cream before? Do you have a go-to dry skin saver? I'd love to hear your thoughts below!











No comments:

Post a Comment